From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Norbut, Jim
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:57 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Shutting Down prior to moving iSeries

Hi All,

We are going to be moving our 9406 next month to a new location
and have all the plans set as far as moving it to the new spot about 30
miles away.
Movers/Insurance all taken care of.

IBM was more than willing to help us.....and we were intrigued until
they said how much it "potentially" would cost :) We figured the
figure they quoted us was the "low end".

We have 24/7 Coverage on the iSeries....so if something decides to not
spin up
or something "breaks" we can just call if/when it comes to that on the
Friday night/Saturday when we turn it back on.

I called up IBM inquiring about any special shutdown procedures we
should be aware
of prior to the move but they said other than due diligence there is no
real checklist to follow.

There is no need to worry about parking the drive heads or anything like
that with these
machines like you used to have to worry about.

So that seems to me to say:

A) Do a full backup (potentially 2) and keep the backup(s) with me.
B) Do the PWRDWNSYS command with no startup
C) Label all the cables (where they go.....where they came from)

Does anybody have any other suggestions ?