From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:08 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: HP Laserjet 4350 & Drawer issue

Hi Debbie,

> Here is what I have.....I'm not sure what it all means.  :)
>     :DWRSLT
>       DRAWER=PAPER
>       DATA ='1B266C3248'X.

Theoretically, this means that when the user selects the manual paper
feed, the escape sequence '1B266C3248'X will be sent to the pritnter.
( ESC&l2H )

>     :DWRSLT
>       DRAWER=ENVELOPE
>       DATA ='1B266C3668314F'X.

When DRAWER(*E1) it sends ESC&l6h1O

>     :DWRSLT
>       DRAWER=DRAWER1
>       DATA ='1B266C3448'X.

When DRAWER(1) it sends ESC&l4H

>     :DWRSLT
>       DRAWER=DRAWER2
>       DATA ='1B266C3148'X.

When DRAWER(2) it sends ESC&l1H

You may also have an additional drawer specification.  It'd look like
this:
     :ADDDRWTBLE
       NUMBER=    3
       DATA ='1B266C3548'X.
     :ADDDRWTBLE
       NUMBER=    4
       DATA ='1B266C3848'X.
     :ADDDRWTBLE
       NUMBER=  101
       DATA ='1B266C323048'X.
     :ADDDRWTBLE
       NUMBER=  102
       DATA ='1B266C323148'X.
     :EADDDRWTBL.

This lists the escape sequences for drawers higher than drawer #2.  In
this example, I have drawers 3 & 4 plus 101 and 102 defined.  You can have
lots of lots of ADDDRWTBLE sections if you have a lot of possible values
for the DRAWER parameter.

When DRAWER(3) it sends ESC&l5H
When DRAWER(4) it sends ESC&l8H
When DRAWER(101) it sends ESC&l20H
When DRAWER(102) it sends ESC&l21H

The tricky part is (in my experience, anyway) figuring out what the escape
code that the printer actually needs is.  Once you know that, you can
either find it or add it to the WSCST source.

If you'd like details on how the WSCST works, there's a manual on-line:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/books/sc415605.p
df

You'll also find it in the Information Center (V5R3) under
Programming -> Device -> Workstation Customization Programming

(The same manual exists in older information centers, but the links you
click might be different).