You're right, I was just downstairs TESTING this thing and I noticed the
same thing.

The User Job API seems to be working fine right now though.

Michael Schutte
Work 614-492-7419
email  michael_schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             Sean Porterfield
             <sporter@bestdist
             Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             03/06/2006 02:00                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: Prevent Operator From Running
                                       Backup From Console's Alternate
                                       Job
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

mschutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I thought of that too, but I couldn't figure out a way to determine what
> SUBSYSTEM I was running in with a CL command.  But yes, I did decide on
> using QUSRJOBI API.  It's working wonderfully, at least in the TEST
> environment it is.  ** ALL SMILES**

I'm a bit confused.  If you use Sys-Rq 1 to start another job, isn't it
too in QCTL?  It's only if you have multiple sessions on the terminal
(alt-jump) that you have to worry about which subsystem it is.

I haven't tested the backup with multiple jobs running on the console,
though I have signed on the other session after some kind of backup
failure.

I use a "horrible" method to retrieve my SBS name and verify that the
job is in QCTL.  I think there is also an API that will do it (isn't
that the one you are using?)

Anyway, I 'DSPJOB OUTPUT(*PRINT) OPTION(*STSA)' the CPYSPLF and parse
the PF with RCVF.

IF         (%SST(&ACTIVE 4 9) *EQ 'Subsystem') THEN(DO)
     IF COND(%SST(&ACTIVE 53 10) *NE 'QCTL      ') THEN(DO)
         SNDPGMMSG  MSG('Your job is currently NOT running in QCTL')
     ENDDO
ENDDO

Of course, it's "horrible" because IBM *could* change the layout of the
splf without me knowing about it.  This isn't a big deal for us,
typically.  I normally do the upgrades and will be the first to call in
the backup afterward.  YMMV.

--
Sean Porterfield