We have a need to make sure that the operator is submitting our nightly
back up from the console and to make sure that they are NOT doing it from
the alternate job.  To be clear, we don't want them on the alternate job
that you get by doing a system request and entering a "1".  I was wondering
if there anyway, programmatically, that you can tell if the backup is being
submitted from the first session or the alternate session (job).

I'm unable to find a why to determine this.  Obviously, both sessions have
the same job name, but they do have a different job number.  I've tried
returning the configuration status (RTVCFGSTS) but it always returns active
(or on sign-on).

I believe that I could execute the command CHGDEVDSP to change the "Shared
session number" to equal 0, which wouldn't allow the alternate job to be
signed on to by the operator.  But we would like to continue to allow them
to this alternate session, throughout the rest of the day. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong area, but another poster pointed me to this list.

Michael Schutte
Work 614-492-7419
email  michael_schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx