From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Dow (ML)
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:46 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: FTP Case-sensitivity

Hi Everyone,

Just learned something yesterday about Microsoft FTP Server 5.0.  I had an
iSeries FTP script that was using the GET command to get a file from MS FTP
Server 5.0 and had to change it to use MGET.  The file name for the GET was
ShippedOrders.csv; for the MGET I changed it to ShippedOrders*.

The GET worked fine whether the remote file was named shippedorders.csv or
Shippedorders.csv or ShippedOrders.csv.

The MGET failed unless the remote file was named ShippedOrders.csv or
ShippedOrders.xyz.csv etc.

The DIR command worked like the MGET.

Just thought I'd pass that tidbit on.  I knew Unix/Linux was case-sensitive;
I didn't know MS was 1/3 case-insensitive, 2/3 case-sensitive, at least with
their FTP server.

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050 voice