Actually, will QQRYDEGREE matter if I only have one processor --- now that I
think about it????

Deb

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Hart
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 4:51 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Strange DASD Utilization Issue

You did not state what OS version you are on but older versions had problems
with SQL temp indexes.
Check your system value QQRYDEGREE and only use the parm value *IO not
*OPTIMIZE or *MAX.

P.s
Just last week I got a call that a clients machine was going over 90% DASD
usage.  Found they had a work file that had over 1.8 million deleted records
(no active records) consuming 60+ Gig.  To make this even worse they had
saved the file to a SAVF so they doubled the bad hit.  The fix was quick and
they are sooo happy now at 43%.

--
Doug Hart