From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bruce Vining
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 10:49 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Daylight savings time question. V5R3

The difference is the name.  Not all countries in the same time zone
(UTC
offset of -6 for instance) may use the same abbreviations and names.
Since
these names/abbreviations can show up on panels, reports, etc it's
important to have the name match the expectations of the country where
the
system is being used.  This is one of the reasons there are so many
*TIMZON descriptions supplied with i5/OS.

Bruce Vining

"John Wallroff" <jwallroff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/27/2006 10:03 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Daylight savings time question.  V5R3

Other then the "Daylight Savings Time Name" what exactly is the
difference between the time zone identifiers

"QN0600S" Central Standard Time (S) - Daylight Saving Time (DST)
And
"QN0600CST" Central Standard Time (CST) - Central Daylight Time (CDT)

They both seem to have the automatic daylight savings time "Enable
Daylight Saving Time" options setup the same.  What am I missing, what's
the difference?

John.

NOTE: This electronic message and attachment(s), if any, contains
information which is intended solely for the designated recipient(s).
Unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of the
contents of this message or attachment(s), in whole or in part, is
prohibited without the express authorization of the sender of this
message.

list

list