Missing single quotes around the CLASS eg CLASS('convert') ?

Pete Helgren

John wrote:

First off I want to let you know that I am just starting to
play around with java on the iSeries so please forgive my ignorance on this one

I do not want to say how much time I have spent trying to
change a CL program from using RUNJVA to using QSH to run it.

It seems to me it should be very easy, but I have spent a
lot of time trying different formats and reading and re-read
midrange archives trying to find the correct format.
With my current example I am getting error:

qsh: 001-0050 Syntax error on line 1: token "(" not
expected.

Here is what works

DCL VAR(&inFileFlg) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(20) + VALUE('-inputfile') DCL VAR(&outFileFlg) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(20) + VALUE('-outputfile') CHGVAR VAR(&fulPathIn) VALUE('/drjc/java/testin.txt')

CHGVAR     VAR(&fulPathOut) VALUE('/drjc/java/testout.txt')

CHGVAR &classPath
('/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/jt400/lib/jt400Native.jar:+

/drjc/java/commons.jar:/drjc/java:/drjc/java/convertf.jar:.'
)

** The following works **

RUNJVA     CLASS('convert') PARM(&inFileFlg  &fulPathIn    +

            &outFileFlg   &fulPathOut)
CLASSPATH(&classPath)

** The following does not work **

CHGVAR VAR(&CMD) VALUE('RUNJVA CLASS(convert) + PARM(' *TCAT + &inFileFlg *BCAT &fulPathIn *BCAT + &outFileFlg *BCAT &fulPathOut *BCAT + ')' *BCAT 'CLASSPATH(' *TCAT &classPath *TCAT ')' )
STRQSH     CMD(&CMD)

** This causes error:

qsh: 001-0050 Syntax error on line 1: token "(" not
expected.
Press ENTER to end terminal session.

Can anyone give me the correct format for &CMD?

Thanks
John