We run 4 UPS' in our server room.  Mostly because we out grew one and
kept adding.  I am hoping to replace 3 really old ones with one big new
one.  Any how our room is divided in to 3 rows of racks, one is Intel
equipment on 4 racks powered by one UPS.  The second row is all Telco on
it's own UPS.  The third has one UPS dedicated to running half of our
online transaction processing system that we sell to merchants for Point
of Sale transaction processing, (which runs on an AS400).  The other
half is our big AS400 that runs all of our back office applications etc.
It also runs the other half of our OLTP.  We use two UPS' so if one
fails, we still have half the equipment running and can switch that half
to the running AS400.  (Our Big one also runs our OLTP.)

Best scenario is to have 2 UPS' both running power to a rack with each
device having 2 power supplies, one plugged in to each UPS.  If your
AS400 has redundant power supplies, you can plug each into a separate
UPS, at least on most of the older equipment I have dealt with.

Christopher Bipes
Information Services Director
CrossCheck, Inc.

707.586.0551, ext. 1102
707.585.5700 FAX

Chris.Bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Cross-Check.com

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (by replying to
this message) or telephone (noted above) and permanently delete the
original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.  Thank you
for your cooperation with respect to this matter.