From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Bipes
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:16 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Limits on IFS file opens and closes?

The old "It Depends."  Are you re-using the file descriptors if you re-open
the same file or are you opening and closing thousands of different files?
I do believe there is a limit on file descriptors you can create.  Now if
you properly close them and reclaim the resources, you should be able to
open all the files in the world, a few at a time.

Christopher Bipes
Information Services Director