The last few times WE RAN OUT OF DISK SPACE it was
* a runaway job eating disk space for an unwanted report
* a software modification managed to get into a loop eating meaningless space
* applying some PTFs & the 400 ate all available work space
* something went haywire causing unwanted joblogs
* a co-worker who knew enough to be dangerous with Query, but not enough for it to work right

It has been a while since I contributed, but I remember some of the stuff I worked on the Wiki/400. Doubtless other folks will fix anything I, or others, mis-stated. http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Main_Page

Perhaps you can add to the collection, with whatever you learned from this episode ... looks to me like the Wiki could use some more helpers

Tips for checking Disk Space Health
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Disk_Space_Health

Tips for resolving Degradation
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Degradation

Kill jobs safely
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Kill_Jobs_Preparation

Messages 101
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Messages_101

Example CL code which identifies recent bad stuff happening
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/SYSCMDUSNO

Performance Tuning = an unfinished article outline
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Performance_Tuning

Operations FAQ
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Category:Operations_FAQ

Quick References
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Category:Quick_Reference

Commands
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Category:Commands

Programming
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Category:Programming

Other articles
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Special:Allpages

I am currently running RTVDSKINF, but until then, is there a way to find out
how much space a library is taking?

--
Mike Wills
koldark@xxxxxxxxx

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and
those who don't." -Unknown