> I don't understand the problem you have with Gumbo's product.
>
> I'm familiar with Gumbo's product and other products, AFAIK Gumbo's
> products work like everybody else's including IBM's.
>
> What is your issue?

I love the product, but splitting a report requires either:
- creation of a filter, a directory entry for the email address, and a
report subscription to tie it all together, or
- use of exit programs.

I'm not maintaining filters and directory entries for 5,000+ customers.
With other projects having higher priorities, it isn't an option to write
/ maintain exit programs.  What we need is a product where I can tell it
where on the page to find the e-mail address, that I want it burst based
on that address, and emailed as a PDF.  In speaking with Gumbo they've
indicated that I could "roll my own", but that's just not an option--the
company would rather pay somebody else for a finished product than give up
my time....

Thanks to all who responded, by the way.  As usual this list gives more
useful information than any other iSeries resource I have (not to slam
anybody else, just that midrange-l always seems to strike a wonderful
balance of timeliness and relevance).