>Oops...I stand corrected.  I tested that, and it doesn't
>fire when updated from a user without the library in the list.

EXCUSE ME??? I'm sure I'm not reading that correctly. It seems to me
that you're saying:

1) I add program TRG1 in library LIB1 to file FIL1 in library LIB2. When
I add the trigger the system can file the trigger and all is good.

2) I have both LIB1 and LIB2 in my library list, and I update a record.
The trigger is fired and all is good.

3) I remove LIB1 (the one with the trigger) from my library list and
update the file again. You're saying the trigger is NOT FIRED? No way?

4) Would same be true if the trigger was in the same library as the
file, but the file wasn't in your library list when you updated it (say
you used SQL and said "update LIB1/FIL1...") again trigger would NOT
FIRE?

Also, if this is true, does the trigger not fire, or does the update
fail?

I simply can't believe this, but I don't have the time to test now. If
this is true this is a _major_ design flaw in triggers, and I can't
believe that is the case.

Am I reading this incorrectly?

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III