> I think what needs to occur rather than just an IPL is a
> complete power off.  If I remember correctly, in our case,
> the Rochester tech had us unplug our 520 from the power once
> it was completely powered down and leave it unplugged for a
> few minutes.  Once we IPL'ed after that the cable was
> detected.  Something in that process triggers the FSP to do
> what it needed to do.

We did they back a few months.  But how do I know the system thinks it's
still attached?

> Once that's all
> done, you should be able to test the cable presense sensing
> by unplugging it/plugging it back in, right?  You'll have to
> make sure that your program doesn't perform a drastic measure
> when that condition is sensed, of course...

No no no.  Read this again:

> IF THE CABLE IS REMOVED DURING RUN TIME, THE SYSTEM
> WILL STILL THINK THE UPS IS ATTACHED." (emphasis mine)

So I can plug/unplug/deplug/replug to my heart's content and nothing will
happen.  My program won't do anything because _it_ doesn't know because the
_system_ doesn't know.  At least that's the way I read it.