Actually, Jerry, I'd prefer PL/I over C, C#, Java, etc., but IBM refused to do a serious implementation on the midrange platform, it's not generally available except by PRPQ (even though even IBM is still using it in currently marketed software)... PL/I, had it been kept current, and had the standards committee not been allowed to disband, and had they kept it moving forward would have been a helluva all in one language today...But, I guess it gave way to forced obsolescence... :)

And, I'm sure Jon Paris would love to see PL/I back on the AS/400, uh, iSeries....I mean i5 (sorry Trevor :) ..(now, I need to run and hide from Jon...:)

Don in DC