<snip>
 There was some discussion of perhaps using them as
our DR site (I hope that's where it stops and they don't try to run my
box in an LPAR there).  As you probably know, on the 810 and it's
generation machines they do not use a HMC.
</snip>

Due to some issues in the SLIC  and hardware handling I would get the
primary on your 810 to at least V5R3.  You should also be able to run V5R4
in a secondary if the load source is 17Gb+.  V5R2 will work as well.  Be
careful with disk arm performance. The older raid cards do not provide the
performance of the newer ones with lots of cache.  You will need more arms
in the secondary that you most likely will want. from a space perspective.
 Remember to reclaim the IOP Cache anytime you move disk drives around.
Nasty messages will start popping up if you don't.

Jim