Yes.  Read the "Backup and Recovery Guide".
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/books/sc415304.pdf

Pay attention to "Appendix D. Recovering Your Server to a Different
Server"

Step 32 addresses your question about the logicals.  Much easier to use
step 32 than to come out with some draconian decrees about how logical
files should be built.  The first option works flawlessly and I've used it
in the past.  Actually I forget how many times I've used appendix D.  It
really is less stressful to do that than to try to "shoot one employee to
teach the others a lesson", although not as much fun.

Strongly recommend you upgrade your existing system to the same OS level
first.  This is an i5 - not an old AS/400.  There's interdependencies in
the IFS and all sorts of other areas that the old "restore a few objects
and your done philosophy" don't fit.