James... these error numbers (in this case 3025) are values for the "errno" value in the ILE C runtime library. They also correspond to messages that start with "CPE" in the QCPFMSG file. So if you want to know what error 3025 is, you can type:

    DSPMSGD CPE3025

and it should tell you what it means. (It means "No such path or directory") 3025 is also sometimes refered to as ENOENT.

Further, I can tell you that Qp0zVLprintf is an API that's used to log error messages. So the fact that this string appears in the messsage doesn't tell you anything, except that the programmer used that API to send the message.

The other piece of information that you've provided is /QIBM/PRODDATA/OS400/SHELL/MRI2924/SHELL.CAT, which is the name of the message catalog file that's used for QShell messages in language 2924 (English)

So, yes, I have a very good idea of what that error means. It means that the software is trying to open the message catalog file for QShell, and it can't because that file's not found.

What I can't tell you, however, is WHY it's trying to look at the QShell message catalog. Or why that file's not found on your system. Maybe you should try contacting Uzaemon himself?

He has a little web forum set up at the following link:
http://hpmboard1.nifty.com/cgi-bin/thread.cgi?user_id=MXA02134

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com