From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ron-Zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:56 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Software Licensing for HA systems

That is exactly what one of the vendors in question does.  When you
install their software, it will give you a 30 day grace period.

What I am unsure of is how and when that grace period starts.  Does the
grace period start as soon as the software is loaded on the machine or
does it start the first time a user signs on to that software?

Also, is that 30 calendar days or is it 30 days of usage?  In this case, I
think it's 30 calendar days, so once we are past that 30 day window, we
will need to get a new key from the vendor.

Thank you,
Ronald L. Zimmerman
I.T. Applications Manager
Swiss Valley Farms, Co.      http://www.swissvalley.com