Ok.  Thanks.  This is what I tried:

Started the admin instance and logged in. Selected DCM. Then selected *SYSTEM as the cert store and took the option to reset password. Changed the password and when I clicked "Continue" I got the following message:

Message An error occurred while opening the certificate store, check for file existence and permission.

One of the admin jobs running under QTMHHTTP shows Function "CMD-CRTPF". In that job log is the following:

Data area QTVSSL created in library QUSRSYS. Ownership of object QTVSSL in QUSRSYS type *DTAARA changed. Problem log updated. Output queue QSCAPAROQ in QSC3437485 already exists. File QAPDFCDP in library QSC3437485 already exists. File QAPDFCDP not created in library QSC3437485. Problem log updated. Output queue QSCAPAROQ in QSC3437733 already exists. File QAPDFCDP in library QSC3437733 already exists. File QAPDFCDP not created in library QSC3437733. Problem log updated. Output queue QSCAPAROQ in QSC3437733 already exists. File QAPDFCDP in library QSC3437733 already exists. File QAPDFCDP not created in library QSC3437733. 0 exit programs removed. 1 exit programs not removed. Exit point QIBM_QSY_CERT_APPS with format CERT0100 will not allow exit program 7 to be removed. Problem log updated. Output queue QSCAPAROQ in QSC3748883 already exists. File QAPDFCDP in library QSC3748883 already exists. File QAPDFCDP not created in library QSC3748883. Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
Object changed.
0 exit programs removed. 1 exit programs not removed. Exit point QIBM_QSY_CERT_APPS with format CERT0100 will not allow exit program 7 to be removed. Problem log updated. Output queue QSCAPAROQ in QSC3747877 already exists. File QAPDFCDP in library QSC3747877 already exists. File QAPDFCDP not created in library QSC3747877. Problem log updated. Output queue QSCAPAROQ in QSC3437485 already exists. File QAPDFCDP in library QSC3437485 already exists. File QAPDFCDP not created in library QSC3437485. Problem log updated. Output queue QSCAPAROQ in QSC3437485 already exists. File QAPDFCDP in library QSC3437485 already exists. File QAPDFCDP not created in library QSC3437485. Problem log updated. Output queue QSCAPAROQ in QSC3828979 already exists.
File QAPDFCDP in library QSC3828979 already exists.
File QAPDFCDP not created in library QSC3828979. I am guessing that something is fairly well hosed here, although I can't tell just what. Problem log has several entries. Too bad these guys aren't on software support I am guessing IBM will charge them an arm and a leg to get this one fixed.

I'll keep plugging away at it.

Thanks.

Pete Helgren

Chris Bipes wrote:

Using DCM change the password for the store.  Nothing will really work
quite right until you re-stash the password.  Two the expired
certificate is causing the SSL error for your telnet server.  Will not
start with an expired certificate.  Bet you have not ended your telnet
server since the certificate expired.

Check the authority to the path : /QIBM/UserData/ICSS/Cert/CertAuth and
all the files within.  This is your certificate database is stored.
Really think it has something to do with the certificate store's was
encrypted under the old version of the OS and needs to be re-encrypted
which happens when you change the password.

Christopher Bipes
Information Services Director
CrossCheck, Inc.

707.586.0551, ext. 1102
707.585.5700 FAX

Chris.Bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Cross-Check.com

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (by replying to
this message) or telephone (noted above) and permanently delete the
original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.  Thank you
for your cooperation with respect to this matter.