On 2/7/06, Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This sounds like it should work to me!  The job schedule entry is calling
> your program directly, right?  It's not running the SBMJOB command or
> anything like that, is it?

It's simply doing a CALL IVAN/ENVIAINFOR

Look this is the schedule listing:
Día de planificación . . . . . :   *MON  *TUE  *WED  *THU  *FRI  *SAT
Hora de planificación  . . . . :   14:00:00
Frecuencia . . . . . . . . . . :   *WEEKLY
Acción de recuperación . . . . :   *SBMRLS
Siguiente fecha de sometimiento:   07/02/06
Mandato  . . . . . . . . . . . :   CALL PGM(IVAN/ENVIAINFOR)
Cola de trabajos . . . . . . . :   QSBSTRA
  Biblioteca . . . . . . . . . :     QGPL
Estado de cola de trabajos . . :   RLS/SBS
Descripción trabajo  . . . . . :   ILYTEST
  Biblioteca . . . . . . . . . :     IVAN
Planificado por  . . . . . . . :   IVANPD
Perfil usuario . . . . . . . . :   IVANPD
Cola mensajes  . . . . . . . . :   *USRPRF
  Biblioteca . . . . . . . . . :
Texto  . . . . . . . . . . . . :

Please try to ignore the first column, my system is configured to use
Spanish language locale. But I reckon you don't need a line-by-line
translation, right?

And the JOBD parameter of the job schedule entry is set to IVAN/ILYTEST,
> correct?

Yup. As shown a few lines up here.

If you type DSPJOBD JOBD(IVAN/ILYTEST), it shows the correct initial
> library list?

Yes again. The second screen shows the correct library list.
     10    IVAN
     20    ALTIDAT
     30    MMAIL
     40    QGPL
     50    QTEMP

Are you sure that it's using the *LIBL?

No. Then again, shouldn't it be using the *LIBL defined in the JOBD?

Are you sure that the program
> that it's looking for is in MMAIL?

I very much think so. When I execute the program from the command line, it
fails unless I add MMAIL to my *LIBL, and that's the only library it really
requires. IVAN and ALTIDAT are there in the INLLIBL only because I intended
using that profile for a different job as well.

Now I tried SBMing the job manually. And there, again, it would fail even if
I said that it should use IVAN/ILYTEST jobd. The strange thing (for someone
as clueless as myself) is that some of the parameters of the jobd are being
considered. E.g.: the program is submitted in the proper queue as dicated by
the jobd (QSBSTRA) and not in the default one (QBATCH). But the library list
seems to be disregarded in some way...

Thanks again.

Regards,

I.-