Paul,

I think COMMON puts up the upfront money then splits the revenue stream...

Don in DC

At 04:11 PM 2/1/2006 -0500, you wrote:
   Glenn,

   Just a question. Who picked up the tab for Skip? PMSA or COMMON?
   --

   Paul Nelson
   Arbor Solutions, Inc.
   708-670-6978  Cell
   pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx
   -----midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----

     To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     From: "Glenn Birnbaum" <gbirnba@xxxxxxx>
     Date: 02/01/2006 03:43PM
     cc: Kevin_Anderson@xxxxxxxxxxx, phyal@xxxxxxxxxxx,
     George.Lemen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Glenn Birnbaum <gbirnba@xxxxxxx>,
     Steve.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Ruberry <mruberry@xxxxxxxxxx>,
     miket@xxxxxxxxx, Gordon Searles <gsearle@xxxxxxx>, Leila Fujii
     <lfujii@xxxxxxxxxx>, cjdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Merrell, David"
     <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, hjamie@xxxxxxxx
     Subject: RE: suggestion for COMMON education delivery

     Jim -

     We (PMSA, the LUG in the Seattle area) were very happy with the results
     of our partnership with COMMON in November 2005 when we sponsored an all
     day class in place of our normal session.  The COMMON iSeries education
     "All You Need to Know About SQL", presented by Mr. Skip Marchesani, was
     one of our better attended sessions and I believe our LUG had more
     people turn out than any other.

     Based on the feedback, this appears to be a great way to get a more
     in-depth educational experience to our members.  We've even talked about
     multi-day classes or trying to find resources for a 'lab' type of class.
     This way the education comes to us and people will find attending a
     local one or two day class cheaper and easier to fit into their
     schedules.

     So, keep the ideas coming.  We in the Seattle area look forward to more
     of these types of educational opportunities.

     Glenn Birnbaum
     Programs Committee, PMSA