Had this bite me sumthin' terrible in the backside two weeks ago when I was
filling in for our night operator.

Scenario:  Had this long-running batch job with numerous steps.  Run docs
said that "once job ABC hits <this point>, you can submit job XYZ."  This is
almost mandated as XYZ is also a long-running job which could impact users
if it doesn't complete before 6 a.m.

So, I gets smart, and CHGJOB ABC LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES).

I step away to do some other things, return and see the dreaded CPF2526 and
"Job Ended"!  Everything was going so well up to that point!

(Yes, I checked the job log system values *after* the fact.  *NOWRAP is not
my friend.)

After several "Oh Ship!" iterations, I check the job log.  20 gazillion
messages related to repeated calls to an OPM (date routine) program.  OK, so
I've identified a performance hog that we should take care of.

Once upon a time ago, I could have swore that, when the job log filled up,
instead of immediately killing a job, the operator was presented with the
option to extend the job log, or do a *PRTWRAP, or *WRAP, and let the job
continue.  Oh, plus the option to kill the job.

Given the system values (QJOBMSGQ*) that I see now related to this, I don't
see how this could have been done in the past.  Unless IBM tooketh away...

Did we have this ability before?  Or was I dreaming?  Doesn't seem like it
would be more sane to have this option?

Thanks,
Dan