From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:23 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: V5R4 ftp anomaly

Good point.  "Real coders" should already be used to coding for both (and
perhaps more) anyway, right?  But who has the time to read RFC's?  Don't we
all just copy existing code, or just test something and then change our code
to fall within that test criteria?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Ingvaldson, Scott" <SIngvaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/31/2006 10:56 AM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: V5R4 ftp anomaly

Doesn't that message get sent from the Target Server?  We get a 250
response from our M/F FTPs but a 226 response from a server that
identifies itself as "Microsoft FTP Service (Version 4.0)"

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group