Aren't they?  The only anomaly should be that released files are sorted in
date order first and held or saved ones are then displayed sorted in their
date order.
If you don't like that then use iSeries Navigator.  You can click on the
date created to sort by that and it will ignore the Status sort order.  If
your users don't like clicking on Start, Programs, All Programs, IBM
iSeries Access for Windows, ..., you could always get into the spool file
area once and right click on "printer output" and create a shortcut and
paste that on their desktop.  It's still a java pig firing up but you
could let your users decide if that works for them.  Some people don't
care about speed, it's the GUI they like.  And, using the shortcut,
doesn't show all of iSeries Navigator, just Printer Output, in case you're
a big fan of security by obscurity.