On 1/24/06, Tomasz Skorża <t.skorza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi girls and guys
>
> I have difined a few printer devices and I have a problem with this device
> after each IPL.
> Devices are setting as "start during IPL"
> And during IPL devices are started (and teoretically device has status ON
> and writer is working/is started) but printer not printing.
>
> When I use WRKOUTQ and option 2 - it getting started.
> Second solution - is stop writer, delete device and again create it.
>
> But why it not working directly after IPL?

Greetings!

I had a similar problem on an 820 on V5R1 .. apparently the standard
start process was starting the printers before TCP/IP was completely
ready, and the network printers wouldn't communicate properly.

We resolved the issue by setting the TCP/IP printers to not start at
IPL and adding a custom program to the end of the startup program to
start the writers.  We are still using it on V5R4  because of inertia.

The standard startup program (QSTRUP) calls another program to start
the writers, called QWCSWTRS.  That program appears to loop through
the printer device descriptions and start them if set to for start at
IPL.  You probably could add a DLYJOB  for 10 minutes or so before
that call as well.

Good luck.

--
Tomek Jedrzejewicz