It's not necessarily the same bug, it might not even be a bug.  The
"bugs" for V4R2 and V4R4 here are almost certainly different, they are
just for the same module.

Slipping the LIC could fix some unknown corruption; it's not for the
faint of heart.  I didn't realize at first that you were on V5R1, if
possible I'd try to upgrade to V5R2 or V5R3 first.  Going back to the
original problem, I'm going to assume that this did not start when you
upgraded to V5R1.  When did it start and do you have a system save from
before then?

"Slipping the LIC" would be done using option 1 of the Install Licensed
Internal Code menu.  It would require a careful reading of your Backup
and Recovery manual, again if possible I'd try to upgrade to V5R2 or
V5R3 first.

If upgrading to V5R2 or V5R3 is not possible make sure that you have
your I_BASE_01 cd, all of your software license keys, a current Cume PTF
set and a good option 21 backup before even attempting this.  If done
incorrectly you could lose all of your data.

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group