From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:42:37 -0600
Subject: Re: DBU and it's competitors

Not sure why you don't want to work with App Admin - it's really
quite simple. It's not the same as the packet stuff. You go into
iSeries (Ops) Navigator, right-click on a connection, click on
Application Administration, click on the Host Applications tab, then
open AS/400 TCP/IP Utilities, then open File Transfer Protocol (FTP),
then open the FTP server area and work with the users and block them
as needed. It applies, AFAIK, to the user, no matter what PC or
whatever they use to try to get in. Not just the one where you set it
up. So it should be possible not to install AppAdmin on user PCs and
be safe using just your PC for configuration. And you have to have
*SECADM anyway to change this stuff. Also, from V5R2 it is possible
to have a single server that holds the settings for others.