I can relate - we had Susan in for a class on WDSC - every programmer had
it installed on their machine, we upgraded several that were old, paid to
have them trained.....after two weeks they were all back to using SEU.
Some of it is from legitimate concerns, other it's the paradigm shift,
other's its from the DINO mentality.  We will try again with the new
version of WDSC I hope.

Of course I was just going to change the authority on the commands - not
delete it.  Heck, I still have one programmer who swears by the old S/38
programming menu.........that brings back nightmares for me.....

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             midrange-l-bounce                                          To
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Midrange Systems Technical
                                       Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             01/20/2006 08:46                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: VisualAge RPG for AS/400?
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Boss shot down my suggestion to DLTCMD STRSEU right after we had Jon Paris
spend a week here doing instruction on CODE (was a few years back).  I
thought that blasting that would have at least forced them to use it right
away, get over any learning curve, and at least make an informed decision
on which editor to use.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Trevor Perry" <tperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/19/2006 10:48 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: VisualAge RPG for AS/400?

Why are we still entering data into a dumb terminal in the 21st century?

I used a GUI tool to automate a green screen order entry function. Green
screen terminals were previously used to enter orders, and the fastest
clerk
could get 80 orders a day. Now that it is automated and GUI, and he can do

over 400 a day.

In this case, the users did not ~want~ to replace their green screen
entry.
In a short time, however, they became familiar with the new interface, and

now they do not ~want~ to replace their GUI order entry. This was a
business
decision made by management, and they were rewarded.

So, should we allow programmers to keep using SEU and PDM because they
just
don't ~want~ to use RSE??