Hi,

I have taken a look through the site and I cannot find any complete
solution that works for me.

Here's the problem:

When trying to browse to a File Name in a Data Transfer Window I get the
following error message:

"
CWBDB0058

Unable to start database server due to communications error. Return code:
%1 "

Cause

The database access API attempted to initiate a connection with the AS/400
database server. The connection attempt failed due to a communications
error. Possible causes for this error are:

·       There is no connection configured to the AS/400.
·       The AS/400 server jobs are not started.
·       An internal Client Access/400 communications error has occurred.

Recovery

Do one of the following:

·       Configure a connection to the AS/400.
·       Verify the communications configuration is correct.
·       Use the STRPJ command on the AS/400 to start program QZDAINIT in
library QIWS, under subsystem QSERVER.
·       If using a TCP/IP connection use the STRHOSTSVR command on the
AS/400 to start *ALL or *DATABASE servers.
·       If using a TCP/IP connection, use the PC program CWBPING to verify
that the AS/400 servers are running.
"

This was working fine this morning but for some reason it is not now.  I
have been renaming libraries, but I am sure that cannot be the reason for
a communications problem - I changed all the names back again just in case
and it had no effect.

Any help greatly appreciated

Col

Colin Swain