Yep - that is simply a misguided rant! I guess negativity continues to reign supreme on this forum...

What if Peter has found an opportunity that he cannot pass up? What if his iSeries stint was a great step for him? What if he has had a positive impact on iSeries marketing, and his legacy will live on? Would you wish him the worst because his career is improving?

Mark Shearer has told us that he is committed to the iSeries. Mark is the driving force behind the change in iSeries. Mark is still there. He will hire someone who fits the position, and the iSeries momentum will continue. I, for one, remain confident about the iSeries future, and no amount of whining from the sidelines will change the future.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Crosby" Subject: RE: Bye Bye Peter Bingaman (was RE: Iseries Education and marketing)

Last two paragraphs:

http://www.itjungle.com/breaking/bn011806-story02.html

So much for his marketing effort promises. Sigh..... How do I
spell M$?

RANTMODE(*ON)

It's almost like they put people in charge of the iSeries as punishment.

Here, see if you can take this gauntlet for a year.  If so, you've got a
future with us.  In another capacity of course.

Hey!  What's this guy doing?  Marketing?!  Good heavens, he thinks he's
actually supposed to do something here!  Maybe even _succeed_!  We can't
have that.  Let's really put the pressure on.  Maybe he'll go somewhere
else.  He could ruin everything if iSeries revenue starts ramping up.

RANTMODE(*OFF)