Emergency cleanup:

Look for journal receivers to back up/delete.  WRKJRNRCV *ALL/*ALL

Look for old save files to back up/delete.  WRKF *ALL/*ALL SAVF

Check your cleanup values GO CLEANUP.  Make sure it's running (I check
for QHST* files going back too far).

After purging spool files, do an RCLSPLSTG *NONE.

Examine/clean QRCL.

Browse the IFS and look for large/unused files.

Delete any licensed programs you don't use.

Schedule an RCLSTG.  Especially if one hasn't been run in a while.
DSPDTAARA QRCLSTG to see when it was last run.

Consider permanently applying your PTFs.

<semi-plug>
Finally, if you have open disk slots & need some emergency storage to
hold you for a few months, consider purchasing a couple of additional
(probably used) disks to tide you over.  We, for instance, have a bunch
of used BCC/eStorage 17GB disks that fit in a 720 that we are looking to
sell cheeeep.  Contact me off-line if interested.
</semi-plug>