From: Marco Facchinetti <facchinetti@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:13:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: VARPG (was Design Change Requests)

Why? For years I saw people selling applications easier than us only because
they have a GUI. No matter if the programs where bad designed or not stable
but nice looking. VARPG provide it without having to change language and,
important too, managed by Ibm itself (no mix between vendors). But since so
few use VARPG the actual state of the art is OLD if compared to other
platforms (not only .net/vb, also unix/linux). They just keep up with
Iseries RPG but there is no real developement.

That's why I say we all missed a chance.

Marco

P.S. What do you mean with "interested observer" ?