I don't know that it's documented anywhere, but I saw it with my own
eyes.  My mother's PC was having problems so I updated her anti-virus
(AVG Free on WinXP) and ran a full system virus scan.  It cleaned most
of the virus' the first time but one kept coming back no matter what I
did.  I finally tracked it to the IE cache.  Opened IE, Tools > Internet
Options > Delete Files... > Delete all offline content.  Then ran the
full system virus scan again and finally it was clean.

Keep in mind that my mother (65 yo) barely knows how to open
attachments.  She uses Hotmail, which runs AV against all emails.  I
believe that she caught this virus from some website while surfing and
IE allowed it to install itself.

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator