Here is my age-old question then. *sigh* If we are committing to requiring Microsoft as a desktop then why isn't Visual Age RPG gaining traction? VARPG works well, is easy for us RPG programmers, and links seamlessly with Microsoft products.

Joe Pluta wrote:
From: Pete Helgren

However, you also need to be
true to those stated business directions that are made publicly.

Maybe I am just impatient.

Or maybe this is the crux of the question: where exactly has IBM stated that
their business decision is to support all browsers?  Or even any non-IE
browsers?  Similarly, the idea that WDSC will support Linux has never, to my
knowledge, been a stated direction.

Is this counter to their push for companies to use Linux and Java for their
business applications?  Certainly.  But at the same time, I think that
Java/Linux message has been severely diluted over the last few years as it
becomes clear that Java/Linux isn't the end-all, be-all that it was once
purported to be.  Thank goodness, because if it were, we'd all be out of a
job!

Joe