Vern,

On a non-CNTFLD field it did wrap on input - nice enough. Only
> problem is that the extra spaces at the end of one line become part
> of the field.

I think I've used this most often without CNTFLD, so had forgotten about the
issues with that.

I also tend to use it for taking note/memo type entries where it is later
redisplayed using identical widths, so having the extra spaces as part of
the field data itself does not really become a factor.

So yes, it is perhaps less than ideal but still much better than nothing
(especially without CNTFLD).  But neither can it be a design change request
do anything about it easily because it isn't just a DDS issue, it is a 5250
data stream issue.  So for twinax devices, a hardware change is needed in
the WS controller though for telnet clients only a software change is
needed.

Doug

And this happens when both CNTFLD and WRDWRAP are used,