It depends...

It's an application, or business, decision.

For example, if the purpose of the trigger is to throw up an error on an
update if the person tries to do something more complicated that what can
be done with referential integrity then it would be silly to submit that
to batch.

And, even if it is a good candidate for a batch job (like, send an
acknowledgement if the order quantity has changed) then perhaps a data
queue is better than a SBMJOB.  Then again, maybe your SLA fines you "your
left one" if the acknowledgement doesn't arrive within X minutes of order
change.  Then a data queue driver program blow up, or a held job queue,
may not tell you if the other process is running.  However I suppose your
data queue technique could send to one data queue, and read another.  If
the result doesn't come in on the read within Y seconds, call in the
cavalry.