First things first... Get your iSeries Access up to some more current...
Then try this all again
_____________________
Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified i5 Solution Sales
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.manageinc.com

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

david.kahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/16/2005 07:50 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Operations Navigator and IFS share problem

I'm trying to create a share using Ops Nav. I want to set up a share for a
directory called XRT under Root in the IFS. Within Ops Nav I open
NetServer
and I can see 2 existing shares: Qdirsrv and Qibm. I right-click Shared
Objects in the left pane and click New/File. This brings up the NetServer
File Share window, and I key "XRT" as the share name, "XRT iSeries share"
as the description, change Access to Read/Write, and click the Browse
button. In the Browse window I select the XRT directory and click OK. This
brings the path name /xrt into NetServer File Share window, and I click
OK.

The NetServer window now shows in the right pane a share called Xrt along
with the 2 pre-existing Q* shares. So far so good. I close NetServer, and
back in Ops Nav I click on File Shares and can see the 3 shares. If I now
double-click on the Xrt share there is a brief pause before a File Shares
window pops up with the dreaded exclamation point yellow triangle and the
message "The path, \Xrt, was not found." I get similar results if I
double-click on either of the 2 Q* shares.

Ops Nav is V4R5M0, the iSeries is at V5R3M0, my ID is class *PGMR and also
has *SAVSYS and *SECADM special authorities, but not *IOSYSCFG (does it
need it for this task?). Any ideas what might be going wrong?

--
Dave...

This message may contain confidential information which may also be
legally privileged and is intended only for the use of the parties to whom
it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any
information in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and then
destroy it. Further, we make every endeavour to keep our network free from
viruses. However, you do need to verify that this e-mail and any
attachments are free of viruses as we can take no responsibility for any
computer viruses which might be transferred by way of this e-mail. All
information and attachments remain the property of Stolt Offshore Group
and should be held as confidential.