From: midrange-l-bounces+horvat=kroy.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+horvat=kroy.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Barbara Morris
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 5:44 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CRTBNDRPG Source Listing Options

Fred Horvat wrote:

> A few months ago we went from an iSeries machine running V4R5 to a new 520
> running V5R3.  One minor thing I noticed was that when doing a CRTBNDRPG
the
> program listing on the new machine no longer displays the file field
> descriptions in the comment area.  I discovered that CRTBNDRPG is
outputting
> to an 80 column spool file which is truncating the field descriptions.  I
> poked around in CRTBNDRPG to see if I could change this setting and
looking
> in the defaults for PDM I didn't see anything that would indicate changing
> spool settings.  How would I go about changing the default of 80 columns
> 132 columns so I can see comments in a RPG compile again?

CRTBNDRPG uses the QSYSPRT printer file, so however that printer file is
set up will control your listing.

===> DSPFD QSYSPRT

Some possibilities that I can imagine:
- an override in your job for QSYSPRT to have 80 columns
- a change on your system for QSYSPRT to have 80 columns (at least, I
_think_ it's shipped with 132, but I'm not sure)
- another QSYSPRT defined with 80 columns that is higher in your library
list than the QSYS version