Vern:

What has me wondering is that I didn't find entries in QHST that weren't also
in the QHST* files when I ran a couple trivial tests today. DSPLOG made no
difference. I have a minor nagging memory that I ran across a mention that
something was done about this a few years ago, but nothing remotely solid.

And maybe I just didn't have sufficient time for testing.

As much as I regularly rely on the manuals for documentation, I can also point
to numerous errors that have been in some of them at least back to V4R3. (And
yes, I do point them out to IBM support, but...) Sometimes there just aren't
people in IBM who know about some of the older parts of OS/400. E.g., try
tracking down how to connect alerts (e.g., ADDMSGD ALROPT()) into SNMP
nowadays. There used to be people who knew how/when the journal was created and
other details. They're retired or moved on.

QHST has been around and fairly unchanged for a long time. About the last
change I clearly remember was when DSPLOG no longer allowed any value for LOG()
other than QHST. Maybe nobody knows.

Tom