I'm trying to use CRTDUPOBJ to create a duplicate of a file into a new
library.

The file has a trigger attached and I actually do want the trigger to be
on the duplicate file.

The problem is that while it seems that DB2 creates a duplicate trigger
in the new library and associates the duplicate trigger with the
duplicate file, the trigger's status is *INOPERATIVE.

>From what I could find online, in the infocenter and via google,
duplicating the file and attached trigger should work.

Why doesn't it?

I couple of things I found lead to be think that perhaps it was because
the trigger references two files that weren't in the new library.
However, the trigger's status is still *INOPERATIVE even after
duplicating those two referenced files prior to duplicating the file
with the trigger.

Anybody know what is going on?

This is on v5r3.

Thanks,