Aside of the wrong tone.....
  I would like to know because of what people state that using WDSc actually
improves productivity.
  We have it available in our shop.
  All development PC are equiped with it.
  Those are sufficient big/powerfull.
  They have bigger screens to acommodate lots of windows.
  Lan bandwith no problem.
  All developers have had WDSc courses.
  Only myself does not come from a GUI development environment:

  We train people with all kinds of software development experience to become
iSeries developer in our vast growing shop.
  Because we also go to clients and they mostly do not know where WDSc stands
for we also give them a basic traning PDM (to be able to save their buds).
  What do we see??
  Majority of our developers after some time are only using PDM.
  Why?
  I don not like to wait so long to have my member list being build with WDSc.
   - Yeah, takes time with all those members in a large system.
   - PDM is fast and furius (with only 8 or 13 members at the time).
  I do not like to wait so long before my program loads with WDSc.
  - Yeah, takes time to load the 1xxx records into the WDSc editor.
  - SEU is fast and furius (with only wo records at the time).
  I do not like to wait so long for a compilation has taken place.
  - Yeah, lot of communication upfront and afterwards to get the thing done.
  - With only the compilation it can not be shorter.
  I do not like.....
  I do not like.....
  They, for all their personal reasons, do not see Productivity Improvements in
using WDSc and they voluntarely choose PDM's character based development
environment as prefered while before they had developed only in GUI based tools.
  Who can tell me why they are wrong??
  Who can tell me what I do wrong!
  Who can tell me where we could get those productivity improvements because we
all want more things to get done in less time (we are lazy).

  Kind regards,
  Eduard Sluis.

Tom Jedrzejewicz <tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On 12/9/05, pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Programmers don't rule the roost in your shop? :-))

Prima Donnas don't last long with me.

> WDSC is fine if you've got a honking big PC. Most folks don't.

And that is a wonderful example of "penny-wise and pound-foolish"
thinking. The productivity improvements pay for the increased PC
costs many times over.

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx