   Justin,

       One thing to add to your analysis about the HMC as the console.  I
   like the HMC, and think its a great way to manage your partitions.  The
   only problem when you use the HMC as the console, is that you have
   unlocked your Server, HMC profiles, and HMC Config wide open.  I would
   like to be able to lock these functions, while allowing the HMC console(s)
   to be used by operations staff.  I see that as a Major negative for the
   HMC as the console.  If you use one of the other methods for a console,
   you can lock the HMC (like you do any PC) where you need a password to
   open it back up.

       JMHO

           Pete

   Haase, Justin C. wrote:

 Here's my opinion of the four choices:

 HMC = sweet - you can even remote console if you set it up right
 Twinax = thick gangly cables, but rarely fails (and on the way out)
 LAN console = BLECCH!!!!!
 Ops console = BLECCH!!!!!

 I often think that the people who designed the HMC wanted it to be
 thought of not only as the Hardware Management Console, but the Heavenly
 Marshmallow Creampuff.  Such luxurious computing it provides.

 Little low on coffee - sorry.  Hope it made you chuckle.

 --
 Justin C. Haase - iSeries System Engineer
 IBM Certified Systems Expert - eServer i5