My company installed a rack-mount 520 two weeks ago.  We purchased it
with an IBM rack, and it was delivered with the server and the
expansion unit pre-installed in the rack.  We moved the units up and
put a 3rd party rack-mountable UPS into the rack with no trouble at
all.  The cable management IBM provides is quite slick.

The posts on the iSeries rack are clearly the same dimensions as a IBM
xSeries server rack, although iSeries rack is a bit longer as it has
more space fore and aft of the rails..

I don't recall if the 520 rack-mount rails were adjustable in length.
If you plan on installing an iSeries in a 3rd party rack, you may be
able to obtain a different set of rack-mount rails; that was necessary
for a couple of xSeries servers we installed in a Hergo server rack.

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx