Rob,

Thanks, but we already have 3 retries set, and it's
not just the failures but the ridiculously long time
it takes to transmit a page (215 to 375 seconds/page
on ALL faxes) once it does connect.

...Neil

--- rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> We kicked up the number of dial retries:
> ADDFAXCRD DIALRTY(5)
> Today I have 6 FAXC701, FAXC708.  But that may be
> because the receiving
> end really did have issues.  Up until I did the
> ADDFAXCRD I did have a
> user who had much better response with manual
> faxing.  I can't remember if
> the ADDFAXCRD fixed this particular person, or, if
> they changed to email.
> Our programs are set up so that a simple customer
> master type field
> controls how they receive this information.
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Group Dekko Services, LLC
> Dept 01.073
> PO Box 2000
> Dock 108
> 6928N 400E
> Kendallville, IN 46755
> http://www.dekko.com
>

> Neil Palmer
>
> Subject
> Fax/400 slow & high call failure rate on V5R3 with
> internal modems
>

> Is anyone having problems with 5798FAX on V5R3 with
> internal modems?
>
> Customer had a model 720 at OS/400 V5R2 with 5798FAX
> V5R2.  External 7852-400 modem.  All was
> satisfactory.
>  Average send time per page was around 45 to 70
> seconds.  Call connection failure rate low.
>
> They switched to a model 520 at V5R3 (still running
> 5798FAX V5R2 as that's the latest release).  They
> have
> all the 5798FAX PTF's, and all fax related OS/LIC
> internal modem hardware related PTF's installed.
> They
> have tried both the #2805 4 port internal modem
> adapter and the base #2793 internal modem.  Call
> failure rate is unacceptably high (lots of
> FAXC708's).
>  Connection time per page for successfull faxes is
> ridiculously high (averaging 215-375 seconds per
> page).
>
> Any clues/ideas/suggestions ?
>

> Neil Palmer

Neil Palmer, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
(This account not monitored for personal mail,
remove the last two letters before @ for that)