To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: Current cume 5298

William,
Its a two step process. Goes smooth, but you just need to load the Cume and Hypers, and then it will IPL and install ONLY the special required PTFs for the Link Loader and that's it. When you are done with that and the IPL completes, you go back, do a GO PTF take option 8, and enter *NONE in the device and it sets the rest of the PTFs to apply. That is the correct way of doing this. If you try to be cute and do a APYPTF LICPGM(*ALL) DELAYED(*NO or *IMMDLY) you might wind up shooting yourself in the foot as the IPL may fail when applying the PTFs. Its important to get the initial 1 or 2 PTFs loaded before you apply the rest of the PTFs. The instructions pretty much spell this out, but its something to be aware of, as the directions are different then most cume packages.

   Pete Massiello

Willie J. Moore wrote:

We are going to apply cume 5298 this weekend. I would like to know if there are any problems that anyone has ran into durning or afterwards appling the cume.
Thanks,
William....