On our MS Terminal Server, we just "upgraded" the Client Access Express V5R1 to
V5R3 and applied service pack to it. Next morning VB program accessing data on
iSeries gets a "Provider not found" error msg. I asked the VB pgmr & he says he
is not using a named provider and accessing the iSeries
by its ip address. I'm not a VB or Term Server person, but since CA involved
they are asking me
"what happened". When we looked in Term Server, in ODBC Data Sources, there is
no user DSN for CA (and according to VB person, there never was). This same
last weekend did load (on i5 V5R3 ) the c5298 cume and hipers, but then some
pc's have same vb pgm loaded on their C: drive (not using Term Server) and they
are working fine (and have no specific DSN setup). btw- VB pgm calls AS400 pgm
to create data, gets AS400 data, then merges into MS Word docs).
jim franz