My mother used to make the stuff - she and dad both loved it. I saw what happened to a silver(plate?) spoon dipped in what I thought was an infinitesimal amount of time - instant total tarnish! I never ate it again.

Of course, it is the ultimate low-fat fish. But you know what you get when you combine lye and animal fat?

Vern