Before this goes too far here's what happened...........

Boulder had a chemical spill in the manufacturing area which caused them to
close down for 3 to 4 days.  IBM has backup arrangements in place (like
many of your companies I hope) so that an outage in one location causes the
work to be routed to a backup site.  In this case Copenhagen took over PTF
distribution responsibility for Boulder and anyone ordering PTFs during
that time period would have been serviced out of Copenhagen.   It's
unfortunate that this has caused confusion -- but it's a whole lot better
than not being able to get PTFs for 4 days...

As a matter of historical trivia it is actually Copenhagen that was
originally used for PTF distribution and they've been distributing PTFs
since day one of OS/400 (1988) and that site continues to be used for
i5/OS.  Over the years IBM has used sites in about a dozen countries such
as Brazil, Germany, and France for PTF media duplication and distribution
though currently the work is being performed in Boulder and Copenhagen.
Don't worry about where your PTF is distributed from.  What has happened
here is an example of good old 24x7 system design.

Bruce Vining

             Wayne McAlpine
             <wayne.mcalpine@s
             os.louisiana.gov>                                          To
             Sent by:                  midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             midrange-l-bounce                                          cc
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: PTFs from Denmark
             11/18/2005 09:43
             AM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion

I doubt if the Danes would be considered cheap labor.  We in the US tend
to ignore the fact that IBM is a truly global company with a large
installed base in Europe.  Companies reconfigure and consolidate their
operations all the time to minimize costs and operate more efficiently.
  It's the reason RS6000 production was consolidated in Rochester.
Austin's loss, Rochester's gain.  I don't see anything nefarious about it.