I don't know of a way to determine what query created the data just by
looking at the object, but you can turn on the Audit Journal, WRKSYSVAL -
QAUDLVL - *CREATE which will log all object creations on your system. You
may also have to change jobd's to keep the job log, which will further help
in determining who/what created the file.
 We use the query product from NGS, Interactive Query, and you can setup the
configuration to force all output files to a specific library, which we've
done. We set up a temporary library called QRYTMP that gets cleared every
Saturday before our full backup. I would imagine you can do something
similar with IBM query, or maybe using security, force them to do this.

Ron